Friday, April 29, 2011

ON MY BOOK SHELF - THE ANDY WARHOL DIARIES

I am a Huge Warhol Fan and started reading this book back in the early nineties, when I was studying Fashion Design & Film Making in College. He has been a great inspiration for me and I continue to be inspired by his work.
The Andy Warhol Diaries is an intimate look inside the artists life and daily thoughts, documented between 1976 to 1987 by Pat Hackett. She was his secretary at the time and later became one of his closest friends. 

The diaries were originally started in 1976 to keep a record of Warhol's expenses for tax purposes as he was audited every year by the IRS. It's a must read by anyone interested in Andy Warhol or the New York Art Scene at that time.

Photo by VMD.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love Andy Wahrol!
    XOXO
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Visiting My Blog & Your Lovely Comments!! Please do Follow if you Like it & Visit Again !